Buttery Coconut Latte
This recipe for a buttery coconut latte is adapted from the original Bulletproof Coffee recipe. The origin of this recipe comes from Tibet. People who live high up in the mountains, add yak butter to their tea. The fat and nutrients in the butter, combined with the coffee give them the heat energy to get through the day. Bulletproof Coffee makes a lot of health claims. If you’re looking to drink this coffee for the purpose of it’s claimed benefits then I suggest you stick to the original recipe.
I make this buttery coconut latte for a number of reasons. First, the ingredients are much easier to get. Coconut oil is available pretty much everywhere but Brain Octane Oil isn’t so easy to find. Since I have difficulty eating, this drink ups my caloric intake over a regular cup of coffee. My final reason is it just tastes good!
I know adding butter to your morning cup of joe sounds strange. However, if you blend the butter into the coffee it gives it a richness and creaminess that no kind of milk can deliver.
- 1 T unsalted butter
- 1 T coconut oil
- 12 oz brewed coffee
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- maple syrup or honey to taste (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high for 20-30 seconds until the coffee becomes frothy, like a latte.
- Pour into your favourite coffee cup and enjoy!
* NOTE: These recipes are what works for me. If you have swallowing difficulties, please consult a speech language pathologist before trying these recipes.
Did you try this Buttery Coconut Latte recipe? Please let me know how it turned out in the comments below! I love to hear your feedback and will use it to make new recipes and improving this site. Bon appetite!