Grilled Corn with Lime Butter Soup
The other day I was browsing the internet for recipes and I found this Grilled Corn on the Cob with Lime Butter recipe from Tyler Florence. It sounded like it would be delicious but I find difficult to eat corn on my soft food diet. So I made up this Grilled Corn with Lime Butter Soup!
Corn on the cob doesn’t blend well unless it’s puréed so this gave me an idea. What if I made a soup version of the recipe? Unfortunately I didn’t have all of the ingredients of the the original recipe’s spice blend so I had to settle for just using cayenne pepper. The final product turned out really well. Blending everything in the Vitamix really well produced a smooth and creamy corn soup with a nice kick from the lime and cayenne pepper.
- 3 cobs of fresh corn
- 1 tsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 5 cups, chicken stock
- 1 lime, zest finely grated
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 bunch fresh chervil, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan, finely grated
- 2 tbsp, cayenne pepper
- Remove the husk from the corn and boil the corn for 10 minutes.
- Remove the corn from the pot and let it cool.
- Grill the corn until it is caramelized.
- Cut the corn off of the cob.
- In a pan, sauté onion in butter and olive oil until clear.
- Add corn and chicken stock to the pan and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour corn and chicken stock into Vitamix blender.
- Add the chopped chervil, lime zest and blend until everything is smooth.
- Pour soup into bowls.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper.
- You can add more or less chicken stock to customize the thickness to your liking.
- If you don’t have chervil, you can substitute with fresh parsley.
- You can customize the spiciness by adding more or less cayenne pepper.
If you give this recipe a try, please let me know in the comments below! I love to hear your feedback and will use it to make new recipes and improving this site. Bon appetite!